Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Personal Profile DISC Test

The DISC test revealed that I am a C person, followed by D - meaning I am conscientious with dominance as a secondary trait.  The test, for the most part, is correct.  I had also taken other personality profile tests in the past - you know, the ones in high school to determine what you should major in in college.  It does reflect my personality of being very analytical.  It just happens so that I like to know every facet of things that come across my path.  Sometimes, I even buy things just to take them apart!

I'm satisfied with being a C, but I wish my secondary trait was more of an I.  I don't think being dominating is the way to go, but in some situations it's the only way to get things done.  It's certainly possible to become another type, but I think in order to do that you'll have to be changed by an external factor.  We all often hear of people experiencing life-changing events; then see the world differently; and subsequently behave differently.  I'm not sure whether or not you can conscientiously plan out a personality change, haha.

While I do believe that the DISC test can give a ballpark of your personality type, I don't think that different personalities necessarily clash with one another.  These tests only show how each person generally manages things.  The true behavior of a person is highly situational.  For example, a 'S' type personality may suddenly take a dominating stance when a deadline is fast approaching.  Similarly, a 'D' type personality may concede to others to get things done in time.

6 comments:

  1. The whole time that we were going through the experiment during class, you and I were both laughing the whole time because we always joke about how we have such different personalities. For you to be a "C" and myself being an "I" was just refreshing to know that we are actually complete opposites. This test just helped us prove the obvious and our real life circumstances showed the validity in the results. It shows how different our personalities are which relays itself in how we actually study. Between our "friendly competition" in our grades and tests, we are pretty much neck and neck. Therefore, the results of this test along with our "friendly competition" proves that one is not necessarily better than the other, we are just different. Which I think is one of the major reasons you and I started hanging out, it is more fun hanging out with people that are different than yourself. You are a worthy adversary and friend, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, so we are both the same type of personality Cd:-)))My primary trait is conscientiousness and secondary is dominance. I do believe that this test is correct because while we were doing it I predicted to be a Cd type. As a result, it turned out to be true and I am a Cd type of personality. And I am satisfied with being a C type as well as you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a C type 100 hundred percent, your keen skills at analyzing data in Millhiser's class can definably show your conscientious attributes. However, I have to disagree with your subscript, I think your definitively more like an I, because your a very helpful individual, who can take an environment and work it out. I liked your take on how people can change do to life changing events, and I couldn't agree more. Some people change for the better, however we do sometimes come across those who can't change. So there is a two sided spectrum to any change of personality. Great job on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what you said that a behavior of a person can be situational. I think that people change the way they behave depending on the circumstance. If the situation requires a dominating stance when a deadline is fast approaching (just like in the example you stated above), no matter what type of personality you possess, you would just do what needs to be done. I think that as human beings, we tend to adapt to the situation and behave in accordance to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you to a certain degree as far as what the test is capable of doing. However, I think that it does more than just show how a person manages certain situations it also describes who they are and what their preferences are to a certain extent

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same type “Cd”. I think this test describes my behavior and certain circumstances. I agree that an “S” type can be more appropriate in some positions but I think we all face many of these types in our daily life.

    ReplyDelete